2015 Lincoln Day Essay Contest - $600 in Cash Prizes
“Utah is widely regarded as one of the best managed states in America. What impact have Republican principles had on the success of our state? How can the Utah model help address the challenges facing America?”
· Using between 250 and 1,500 words answer the above essay topic.
· Submissions are limited to one per person and open to all Wasatch County residents.
· Each essay must reflect the contestant’s own original thinking, research, and writing.
o $200 cash prize for the overall winner
o $100 cash prize to the winner in each of the following categories:
§ Elementary Student Category: Students in 4th grade and younger
§ Intermediate/Middle School Category: Students in 5th grade to 8th grade
§ High School Category: Students in 9th grade to 12th grade
§ Adult Category: Adults 18 years of age and older
· All winners will receive VIP seating at the Wasatch County Lincoln Day Breakfast on February 21st at Soldier Hollow where they will present their essays and receive their prizes.
· The deadline for submissions is February 14th, 2015. Essays should be submitted in plain text format via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your full name, student grade if applicable, address, phone number and email address with your submission. Essays will be posted on the Wasatch GOP website at http://www.wasatchgop.com. The Wasatch County Republican Party Executive Committee will judge the essays. Winners will be announced on Wednesday, February 18th, 2015.